Friday, May 23, 2008

1 Year After...

What does success exactly mean? When does a person become successful? I was once told that it happens when you achive what you've always wanted in life. I was once made to believe that it occurs when you get to that place that you've always wanted to go... Some of it may be true, some may be false, but inside of it all, one becomes successful when has been able to move past all those obstacles, those blocks that stop and slow down the march to the ultimate goal. Does it sound like a cliché? Maybe, but in my life, more exactly in this moment of my life, I am starting to get to that point...

A year has gone by since that evening, that moment when a whole season slipped through my fingertips... some said that moment wasnt it all, it wasnt the main reason for the most painful loss I've had to endure in my career... But in my heart, my mind, my soul, I knew that layup triggered it all... But I learned that day, through pain, bitterness, mostly with my own self, and disappointment, that some things happen for a reason; a reason that at the time I didnt fully understand, but I now see, feel, and experience.

Why successful then? You got over it? Is that a success? No it's not. Although difficult, although I was always reminded of that play, getting over the loss was something I had the obligation of doing, as it is my job. The real success comes when I get over the toughest year of my young basketball career. A year full of disappointments, of tough times, injuries, reminders, lost opportunities, injustice, and above all, learning experiences... My Loving God gave me another chance, and He made me work for it, He made me work at it. He put me in a team where the going was rough, and the days where demanding. And here I am, sleepless the night before the biggest game in these playoffs, ready to go, ready to take back what I lost a year ago. It wont be easy, and above all it will be more demanding than ever... But as we all know, The Lord never gives you something you cant handle... Thank you Father for this year, for all that You have taught me, and for all that I've learned, because without You, nothing would've happen the way it has.

"Desire and Determination must overcome Pain and Disappointment"
Philipians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
PD: Thanks Zack for the comment, and encouragement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home